Staci and I, along with our coaching staff, are committed to getting through this current crisis together and maintaining our strong community.
We want you to know that your health and safety are and have always been our top priority. Our commitment to providing a safe, welcoming place for all to experience has never wavered. The rapidly growing concern of the coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected each and every one of us, and we want to provide you with information on what we have been and will be doing as far as gym operations.
– We are presently maintaining our existing schedule of classes for those of you who wish to attend. We have increased our already thorough cleaning measures and have begun to have coaches assist each class member in cleaning and disinfecting anything he or she has come in contact with during the class. This step will ensure that no one accidentally misses or neglects to cleaning anything following their workout.
– We are asking that anyone exhibiting symptoms or otherwise may have been in contact with someone having traveled to affected areas to please consider the health and safety of all and refrain from visiting at this time. We are confident in our ability to provide a clean environment for all guests and ask for everyone’s continued assistance and cooperation in wiping down and disinfecting any equipment and floorspace used during classes.
– We are asking that every person wash his or her hands upon entering the building. We have hand sanitizer bottles located at the front desk and at the Main Whiteboard station, as well as in the Back Room at its entrance from the Main Gym.
– We have implemented changes in our exercise program to limit equipment in future workouts and eliminate the sharing of any equipment during classes. We will offer modifications for those who do not wish to use any equipment during their workout. We have banned the use of chalk and ask that you refrain from the customary ‘fist-bumps’ and ‘high-fives’ and any other unwanted contact with another person while in the gym.
– If it becomes necessary based on member interest, beginning the week of March 16, 2020 we will post home-based workouts that members can perform in their homes or outside in cases where they do not wish to attend the gym. We will be providing visual coaching sessions and Whiteboard Briefs online, both live and recorded, using Zoom technology to help explain the details of each workout. We will do our best to maintain the ‘community feel” of each home-based workout and offer coaching tips, suggestions and answers to any questions. We may implement coach-led outdoor group workouts in a nearby park when weather permits.
– In addition, if it becomes necessary, or if you’re being cautious and staying home, beginning the week of March 23, 2020 we will begin an “Equipment Checkout” offering, allowing current members to borrow pieces of equipment they would like to have at home to use during home-based workouts. A portion of our collection of barbells, weight plates, dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, abmats, rollers and bands will be made available for loan at no cost to our members. Members will be responsible for returning borrowed equipment to the gym and we will supervise the cleaning and disinfecting prior to making it available to anyone else to use.
– We will closely monitor this situation day by day and make schedule changes if deemed necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Bill or Staci Russell
Bill and Staci Russell
1211 Allen Court
Rocky River, OH 44116
Bill’s Cell# 440-915-7856